Wednesday, June 9, 2010

WIMTS!


I have a little girl!

I love her!

She getting too big too fast!

And starting to become her own little person.

Which I am obviously having a hard time with!

I have always done her hair!

From the time she was 1 hour old 'till the present.


Lately She refuses to let me put her hair in braids WTH??

So the other day we were heading up to the MIL house for a BBQ. And I knew we would be playing out side, running around, getting dirty, the wind was blowing, and it was kinda rainy.

I called the little missy and said "LETS GET YOUR HAIR DONE" in my bestest, frustrated, mommy voice.

She sat down and said " I don't want braids mom"

And I said, " You know what Ken, I'm the mom, I'm doing your hair, and I'm putting braids in it! All week long I let you choose how you want your hair to be for school and I do it that way! I think it's ok if I choose once in a while how it can be! Your in second grade, and a little girl, not a teenager, and it's ok if you wear braids once in a while!"

AND THE CRYING BEGINS...AND GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON...............

HUBBY SAYS, " If she doesn't want them don't make her wear them."

Which really PISSSED me off, not only that he said anything, but he said it in front of Kenlee!

Me:

" I'M NOT PUTTING BRAIDS IN HER HAIR TO BE MEAN (even though mean moms are the best moms) AND YOU KNOW WHAT? WE'RE GOING TO BE OUTSIDE, IN THE WIND, IN THE DIRT AND THE BRAIDS ARE GOING TO BE JUST FINE!! THAT WAY WHEN WE GET HOME TONIGHT, IT WONT BE SO HARD TO BRUSH OUT !"

What I meant to say,

" FOR 8 EFFING YEARS I HAVE GOT HER READY EVERY MORNING, BATHED HER @ NIGHT, TAUGHT HER HOW TO GET DRESSED, AND BRUSH HER TEETH, KEPT HER CLEAN AND SAFE AND LOOKING PRESENTABLE WITHOUT ONE LITTLE PEEP OF HELP FROM YOU! I DON'T NEED YOUR INPUT TODAY! OR ANOTHER DAY! AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH MY DECISION, PULL ME TO THE SIDE LATER AND TALK TO ME ABOUT IT, YA DON'T NEED TO SAY IT IN FRONT OF THE KIDS SO I LOOK LIKE A DUMBASS!
THANKS AND HAVE A NICE DAY"



(fyi....I love my husband! He works dang stinkin hard for me and the kiddos, he has helped me bathe, clean and groom our kids, I just can't think of a time right now...lol)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a few more years of no complaints..Sam's in kindergarten and we argue about how her hair is getting done. I said we would take turn choosing each day..but same days I take her turn because I'm the mom and I just get to choose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust when I say boys are no better. My oldest just had his hair so long and it looked HORRIBLE.. I whined and fussed till he let us shave it up for him. The difference was HUGE..sighs...

    ReplyDelete