So it's been on my mind allot! But I've figured it out. Valentines Day is about LOVE. ....I know who woulda guessed???
And I know about love:
I see it in my kid's face when they come home from schooland look at me and plead for a snack cuz they know I love them and will make them one And say they had the best or worst day ever and want to tell me about it.

I see it in my husbands gifts of flowers and chocolates and him volunteering to watch the kids so I can have a time out husbands actions that he works stinkin hard for us, so we can have a beautiful home to live in, and other luxuries, though I can't think of any right now. J/K
And I know about love:
I see it in my kid's face when they come home from school

I see it in my
I see it in my mom. The bestest example ever. How she will drop anything and everything for me, or a sibling, or one of our kids. To be there for us. To help us do something, to watch our kids, or give us encouraging words, or just listen when I am pathetic and menstruating. And crying over lame lame stuff. And she doesn't even laugh in front of me. (probably behind my back, I know I would, we're allot alike.)
And I see it in my Savior!! HE is the bestest, bestest example ever. Everything I have is because of him, and My Heavenly Father, My kids, my husband, my home, my mom, my sisters, etc, etc, etc. And what better way to show LOVE than to do what He asks of me. It's not always easy peasy lemon squeasy, and I'll get in the dumps again, and I'll have my weekly pity parties, but hopefully someone or something again will open my eyes and help me hang to that iron rod ( that I think is plugged in and gets hot, cuz I'm always letting go and getting burned) and help me remember that I am grateful for Valentine's Day and other reasons to make me ponder and get my act together so I can show love in my actions and words everyday to be like Him.
It's everywhere, It's everywhere. That little love word.
*My goal is to show it more often to those around me. (not just by washing dishes, and clothes and toilets, and making food to eat, and driving to lessons, but to do those little extra things I know my family wants not just needs!)*



No comments:
Post a Comment