Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 23

A picture of my Favorite book:




I LOVE TO READ!

Hence why my floor needs mopped, the clothes need ironed and put away, the flower beds are waiting to be turned over and planted, etc. etc. etc.

I can't recall a very best favorite, cuz I enjoy so so many... to name a few I'll start with the first I can remember reading:

"Ramona Quimby age 8" , then to follow the rest of the Ramona books along with many more from Beverly Cleary.

"The Twitts" by Roald Dahl, and of course some of his others.

I moved on to Judy Blume next. "Just as Long as We're Together" and "Blubber" will always be some of my favorites.

In High School I read a lot by V.C. Andrews!

and so so so so so many more, by so so so many other great authors!

In the last five years or so I have enjoyed everything by Anita Stansfield

The Harry Potters of course.
The Hunger Games

(Hey Jewlynn what's the series I borrowed from you about the realms?)

I just read a series by Lynn Austin about the Civil War I highly enjoyed, along with quite of few of her other novels.

But I saved the best for last!!



The Big Tidy-Up by Norah Smaridge, illastrated by Les Gray

I checked this book out repeatedly from the school library when I was just so cute and little. (Actually I was a pretty ugly kid from about 1st grade till now)

And then when I grew up,

I wanted this book of my very own,

to read to my kids.

But unfortunatley it was out of print.

Oh how very, very sad this was.

I stalked the internet for years trying to find one.

And then one day low and behold there was one on this site called ebay.

And heaven forbid I was NOT going to be out bid.

And yes I was the lucky bidder.

Or unlucky from my husbands point of view.

A couple (or more) hundred dollars later I owned my very own copy of "The Big Tidy UP". And was so very pleased!

Now you can go to amazon and get your very own new re-published copy for about $6.40 or a used one for $1.65.

Kinda funny huh! If you have never read "The Big Tidy Up" I think you should. You will not be disapointed!!

See ya Love Ya bye!


( Just so you know, I have a testimony of the Book Of Mormon. I wish I read it... as I read these other books, I know with all my heart it is true, and that I should read it everyday! ....So So So many things to work on!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment